Family Vacation 2008

Friday, March 27, 2009

spoiler alert

Joshua is reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He started reading the Harry Potter series when he was in first grade (three years ago) and has finally worked his way through it. It's a big accomplishment and I'm incredibly proud of him. However, every once in a while Joshua gets on his little soap box and says how annoyed he is at the kids in his class that started with book six, skipping the first five because they had seen the movies. These same kids have spoiled the end for him, in several ways, but he figures he'll read it anyway.

When Hedwig gets killed right at the beginning, Josh came up to me, with tears in his eyes and asked, "Are they going to bring Hedwig back to life?" I had to tell him no. And I started worrying, because things only get worse from there.

Last night I was noticing how much he's read in the last two days and realized that he was coming up on the scene at the Malfoy's Mansion. I braced myself and I warned David. Sure enough, 45 minutes later, Joshua comes into my room with tears streaming down his face, crumpled in disbelief. I guess nobody warned him that Dobby dies.

We should put the book in the freezer.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Such a cute story, I love your kids. And nice tribute to Friends at the end. Book in the freezer!? Love it.