Family Vacation 2008

Monday, March 30, 2009

Ah! Memories!

Some of my favorite high school memories involve all the times that Carrie and I carved out 6 hours (usually at a sleepover) to watch "Anne of Green Gables" and "Anne of Avonlea". We couldn't just watch the first part, because "the kiss" happens right at the end of the 6 hours. Such a romantic movie, and clean, too. Why did I not think of this movie when I was watching movies with Sarah?

Yesterday I put in "Anne of Green Gables" while my family went to dinner at my mom's house (I was home sick). Yes, Sarah came home and watched it with me.

She laughed when Ruby Gillis has her freak out (She's drowned and we're murderers!).
She got irritated at Josie Pye (That Gilbert Blythe is such a rake!).
She chuckled at Anne's snappy comebacks (Fishing for lake trout.).
She cried when Matthew dies (I never wanted a boy...I only wanted you from the first day.).

And when the movie ended at 8:30 and I wouldn't let her start the second part, she tried bargaining with me ("It'll be over by 11:30...please?!").

Truly, this is one of the most romantic six hours a young girl can spend, right up there with "Pride and Prejudice" (the Colin Firth edition). I just wish I hadn't packed away the "Anne of Avonlea" disc. Does anyone have one I could borrow? Sarah hasn't seen "the kiss" yet.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Those are two of my FAVORITE movies! And yes...I have it if you'd like to borrow it and will be up this direction. :^)

Shauna said...

My copy is very possibly even more inaccessible than yours. At least you have a good idea of where yours is. All I can say for certain is that mine is no longer at Rachael's house. Ahh, the kiss! I think I need to find my DVD's.