Family Vacation 2008

Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in the land of the Bloggers

I've not been a good blogger this summer. I think that statement deserves a huge "duh!". Still, there are times in life when sharing is just not an option. This summer has been that time for me. I'm not sure if I'll try to catch everyone up, or just blog about New York (probably that option), but I am going to try harder to be a good blogging friend.

The kids are off to school today. *sigh* Sarah started ninth grade with a schedule snafu that has her out of 9th grade mixed chorus and into something else (I hope it's not dummy choir). David took her up there, and tried to fix things, but because she has so many one period only classes, this is what has to happen.

Ben and Josh started at a new school today, and for the first time ever, David walked them to school for their first day. In fact, since they started Kindergarten, neither of us has taken them to school for the first day...that is a preschool privilege only. But, it's a new school, and there was no open house, and both of them were feeling a little apprehensive and a lot excited. I love that my kids love school! I think they were more excited for school to start than I was. Is that even possible?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome back! You were missed.

Shauna said...

Having all those one period only classes was the reason I ended up in the advanced P.E. class when I was in the 9th grade. Hopefully Sarah's alternative to choir isn't quite so emotionally overwhelming.